Winter on its peak and in Gurgaon its comparatively harsh than other states in India, everywhere this season comes with the flood of green vegetable includes Palak,
So, today i am introducing a very famous winter Punjabi special “Sarson Ka Saag”.
During mustard growing season, green fields of North India and Punjab are covered with “Sarson Plant” with the yellow mustard flower, and green leaves on it used to make delicious
- Ginger 1 tablespoon
- Garlic 1 tablespoon
- 1 big onion
- 2 tomato’s
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Salt according to taste
- Garam masala
- Mustard leaves 1 bunch
- Wash mustard leaves and keep them aside.
- In a large pan, put 3-4 cups of water to boil then add mustard leaves.
- Drain the water from it and put it in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Then blend big onion, ginger, garlic and keep it aside and then blend 2 big tomatos
- Heat oil in a pan and the add onion, garlic and ginger paste and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Now add tomatos and saute them untill they leave the oil.
- Now add the sarson leaves paste and cook it for 10- 15 mins in simmer.
- Add extra water if the consistancy is thick.
- Finally add salt, garam masala and butter.
- Now yummy sarson ka saag is ready to serve with makke ki roti, butter and gur.