A planned visit to one of the oldest holy cities in India – Varanasi, also known as ‘Baranas’ or ‘Kashi’. This city is a Moksha/Salvation for Hindus, it is also famous for River Ganga, Banaras Hindu University, Fine Quality Silk and Banarisi Paan.
Varanasi city is very popular pilgrimage point for the Hindus and they have a belief that one who is graced to die on the land of Varanasi would be a part of salvation and freedom from the cycle of birth and rebirth.
Reasons why to visit Varanasi:
- Life starts early in the morning and in the evening it becomes more colorful and beautiful. It is also known as a city of Music.
- If you are a yoga lover then you can find many yoga centers here, not only this you can even hire a yoga teacher.
- You must have seen Ganga Aarti in few other cities in India but here it takes place in a different level, which also attracts not only Indian but international tourist too. Ganga Aarti happens every day on a river front.
- Sarnath is just 10 kms from Varanasi. It is important Buddhist pilgrim spot. There are many monuments and stupas here.
- A blissful experience of cruise on river Ganga, sunrise boat ride and evening boat ride especially at the time of Aarti.
- Things to buy are woodworks, statues, silk, carpets, copper vessels and do not forget to take ganga water.
- Varanasi lip smacking delicious street food will be available early from 6.30 in the morning.
- There are numerous temple in the city to visit, have an experience of beautiful architecture and witness the Hindu rituals here.