Yes, you read it right. Cake can be made without eggs! And people call it vegetarian cake too.
While making a cake, eggs are usually known to make the batter smooth and light with stable air bubbles. It gives a structure and consistency to the cake, but it’s a myth, cake can be made without eggs even at home – Tested and tried recipe.
Being a vegetarian since birth having cake outside was a taboo for me and was a biggest concern when I use to go to my friend’s birthday, parties, anniversary and farewell the one thing was always common ie a cake which having eggs and the sad part is I can’t have it.
When you are at home, you do not need any reason to bake a cake. I must say this very simple eggless vanilla cake recipe will always be a winner when you bake it at home with limited ingredients.
Eggless vanilla cake:
- 1 cup butter
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 1 cup curd
- 3 cups maida
- Half cup milk
- ⅓ tablespoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- Baking always required in the oven and which need to be preheated before you put the cake mixer in it.
- While your oven is preheating, let’s start making the batter, start with beating butter and slowly add sugar in it and then add curd and mix it well.
- Start adding maida/flour slowly step by step into the mixer( don’t put all the maida at a time) and then add Half cup of milk.
- At the end add baking soda, baking powder and vanilla essence, mix it well (don’t over beat the batter). You can see the smooth and thick mixer.
- Take a bowl and apply butter all over the surface and then dust it with flour, then pour the mixer and tap 2-3 times to remove the air bubbles. Now the time is to put the mixer into the preheated oven.
- Bake the mixer for almost 30-35 mins until it gets a golden crust. To check whether your cake is ready or not, just insert toothpick/knife and if it comes out clean, that means your cake is completely ready. Happy Baking!